Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, May 31, 2003

Had this real neat weekend trip planned. Going to my old stomping grounds, visit with friends, clean off Dad's grave and maybe go fishing. Didn't happen. Had to work. Federal government job that just had to be done by tomorrow (tomorrow is Sunday and those lazy horses asses would croak if they had to work on Sunday). As I left it amazed me that 3 huge A/C units were just whirring away and nobody has even moved into the building. Just thought everyone would like to know that our tax dollars are at work. This trip had been planned since Tuesday. OK, Ima kickin' over the soapbox.

If you are from the south there is a good chance that you've eaten catfish. If you are not from the south and have eaten catfish, there's a good chance that fish was farmed in Mississippi.

http://www.catfish.com

This is America's Catch site. They are located in Itta Bena, Mississippi. Really good recipes and interesting stuff about old Mr. Whiskers. I am a seafood guy, but I will eat my share of catfish fillets. Very healthy and real tasty.

No comments: