Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, May 17, 2003

It's a rainy Saturday morning. I've left the cell phone in the truck on purpose and for a few minutes no one can pull at me. People can be so inconsiderate. Last night was VERY important. I did see my daughter graduate and her friends did come over for burgers n all. Everyone left in a good mood and we had no major glitches. We turned in somewhere around 2:00am and arose at 7:00am. Kristi and Jay are going to visit with my ex-inlaws and then return to Baton Rouge. It's my bet that Mimi will spend part of the day in the super hammock we gave her for graduation.

I wanted more time with my family, but made the best of few hours alloted. Also wish Mom could have made it, but don't blame her for not driving in this awful weather. We installed the fence posts for the patio after Stan came by and corrected the error of my design. Stan can do most anything and is a superior craftsman when it comes to anything wood. In spite of the rain both my sons in law helped me get 'em in the ground. Charlie helped me pick up the material while Kristi n Jay shopped for party food. I finally spent some time alone with Kristi while finishing last minute shopping while Jay put together the new charcoal grill, which is awesome. Serious hustle and joint effort helped us pull off a nice evening for Mimi and her friends. She was certainly entitled (her Benediction last night was strong and well spoken, I swelled with pride). One negative scene was Jan's mother fell after the ceremony, but Dr. Jay seems to think she's ok. We'll know more when he sees her again this morning. She's a super nice lady.

K, all this to explain why I've not answered the phone. God has blessed me with super daughters and they have chosen well as far as their life-partners. They love me and I love them. So, don't call or confront me about not answering the phone for a 16-18 hour time span. Life is too short to take a lotta' barnyard material.

Well, now that I've been pushy on the cyberside, I guess I'll retrieve my cell phone from the truck....

No comments: