Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, May 10, 2003

Today is my birthday. Some folks that have known me for a while express amazement that I am not dead. Parts of my 'back in the day' were rather rowdy. I am certainly not proud and, sometimes, downright embarrassed of those years. Due to the haze in my brain at that time, recall of some years is very vague. God has graced me and if I cross the bar today I will leave very dear loved ones and a life that 'ranneth' over.

Nowadays time is spent monitoring my control freak tendencies and learning more about tolerance and patience. Looking back, awe overwhelms me and not necessarily in a positive fashion! LOL People never ever cease to amaze me. In the past few days I have praticed tolerance and patience to keep from confronting someone due to their nasty negative hateful attitude. After all, I am human. That great philosopher Clint Eastwood said, "A man's gotta know his limitations." Mine have been pushed. Control freakishness still fights to take over. That ego, id, super-ego thangy (google search this n see the results!).

Someone I know and work with on a daily basis is in crisis. His father was hospitalized and underwent bypass surgery yesterday. BT, the father, has always been kind to me. I've done service calls on his network and have looked forward to seeing him. Those of you that pray please put him on your list.

No comments: