Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 05, 2003

It's raining in Mississippi. There are weather alerts about tornadoes. Yesterday and this morning several people were killed by these storms. I've experienced inclimate weather. In Arlington, Texas, I was building a network and we could see the funnel cloud just a few hundred feet away. I told two other techs to please tell my daughters that I loved them if they survived me. Amazing what goes through your mind during duress. All I could think about was that I was a long way from home and really wanted to see my "little girls" again. Some resolve sitting under a desk and seeing all types of stuff fly through the air, including cars, pushed me back towards home. Storms may take me, but I'll be at home. God help those that have perished and those that have survived

No comments: