Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, May 08, 2003

For the first time in days I've looked out the window and not seen snarling masses of irate bullfrogs and catfish hanging out on the veranda. I heard their grumblings about rushing the house to get out of the weather every morning. Paranoid about grunting, croaking creatures? Possibly, aren't you?

When was the last time you saved your favorites list? Find the folder. You do a search or find from the start icon (for some reason they keep changing the name of this tool) for favorites. In Windows 98 it resides in C:\Windows. In 2000, XP it resides in C:\Documents and Settings\"your name". Place a floppy in the A drive then open that device. Open the window of this device and leave it open. Nest, go to My Computer and open C drive then go to your favorites folder, highlight it, then hit the control key and "C" - this will copy the favorites folder and it is almost instantaneous. Close the window where your favorites folder resides and you should be in the window of your target device (A drive). Press the control key and "V" - this will paste your favorites folder to the floppy disk. This is not rocket science and after a few tries it will become second nature to copy and paste. If you do this then a backup of favorites exists and the ability to copy and paste has been learned. Important to me, since my favorites list has gone 'Godzilla' on me.

Finally found "Big Electric Cat" by Adrian Belew. Not the best MP3, but at least I now have it. Yes, I've have purchased this album (several times). BTW the name of the album is Lone Rhinoceros. "Mr." Jobs over at the apple barn has found yet another way to screw the public. He's now selling music for his devices at a dollar a tune! Let's see, about 12-15 songs on a CD? Wow, just go to the Wal-Mart and buy CDs instead of all that downloading, converting to CDA, etc. And some intelligent people are endorsing this? I have been warning everyone that the jerks at RIAA, etc. would stop file sharing. I warned ppl before Napster, Audio-Galaxy fell by the wayside, and even though Grokster and Morpheus won their court case, this is not over yet. The Mafia/Nazis of the RIAA won't give up their gravy train easily. You can bet on that. Me worry? Not me, I like music, always have and I am not about to spend 4 or 5 thousand dollars with the "worm" in the Apple.

It's misting rain again. The frogs n catfish are back. Wait, why is that one wearing glasses n got a bad haircut? Did I hear some of them speaking Italian and German. Good grief! It's Stevie-Poo and the henchman! A plot exposed! ARRGGHHH!

No comments: