Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, May 09, 2003

There is a saying amongst the members of Alcoholics Anonymous; so-in-so is not sober, he's only stopped drinking. This observation has so many levels of interpretation. Beware of such people. They lie, cheat, steal, abuse others and generally are up to no good.

Isn't is funny how the smallest things are so important to 'little-bitty' people? The non-sober ones probably have a twelve step program on how to mercilessly be cruel at all costs. Yes, I am bitter. Bitter about how some disguise the need for immediate gratification as friendship. It is my considered opinion that the evil control freaks of the world have a special place reserved in hell, way down in hell. My stomach has been turned during the past day or so and I am venting. Yet, I know that perserverance will see injustice become the trivial, minute entity it is...

I shall see selfless acts again, God willing. My glass is still half-full and with it I toast those that know the meaning of friendship and kindness. Carpe diem!

No comments: