Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, June 01, 2003

Here's a site that is about everything

http://www.refdesk.com

A virtual plethora of info that easily links to many interesting sites. This might be a good home page for someone that is constantly searching many different areas. The Facts Search Desk is kewl and Curent News, etc is huge! Take a look at this page and tell me what you think.

Corinth Chris is using jetAudio. This is a player similar to Windows Media Player that has expanded capabilities. They offer a free version and and a 'plus' version that costs. I am downloading it onto my old Windows 98SE machine since I can't run the new Windows Media Player 9 on a 200mmx processor. I really like WMP9, but am always interested in other music applications. Over 15 gigs of music and counting, I am truly a music junkie. Will keep you posted on the findings concerning this new player. I have a gut level feeling it's good or Corinth Chris wouldn't have recommended it. jetAudio has been around a while and that's always a good indication. My favorite right now is Windows Media Player 9 w/DirectX 9. My least favorite is anything by Realplayer. Sorry, RealOne users, it just doesn't float my boat. So flame on and tell me why I should use it. jetAudio is available at jetaudio.com and WMP9 is available on the windows update site. Beware downloaders, read the specs and requirements. Download at your own risk. If you download that realplayer stuff and can't make it go away, do not, i said do not, come here looking for cheese to go with your whine.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood and I will spend most of it trying to mow between church services. Am developing a new policy for working on pcs. If you come to my house and I work on your machine, u may mow yard. Hey, it's the least you can do. Or should I start charging $75.00 an hour? I will provide the gas and mower. Let's see, a windows reload, registry hack? Ahh, you will weedeat as well as mow. Of course, you can take your woes somewhere else or 'fix it yoself'. There will be exceptions. I have a beautiful bonsai tree, thanks to caring souls. If you show up with a machine running AOL or ME, you'll mow the neighbor's yard as well....

No comments: