Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, May 26, 2003

Monday morning and I do not have to attend work! I think all holidays should be Mondays. Chances are I will go to work today. If I stay at home on holidays I seem to always end up there.

I am rereading all the Douglas Adams Hitch-hiker books. Have all 5 of the trilogy (LOL) in one volume; a gift from Kristi n Jay. These books are light, fun and really geeky. Windows Server 2000 Secrets is my other current read. One of the most interesting books I've read lately is The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick. This is fascinating stuff about social engineering and hacking. It's also a bit frightening. Lisa gave me this book after watching Kevin on TechTV. He is a geek's geek and spent time in jail for hacking. I think the 'big brothers' were irritated they couldn't keep Kevin out of their gear and incarcerated him out of frustration. Justice is a weird concept.

http://www.freekevin.com

This will redirect you to information about one of cyberworld's most famous hackers.

After the brief interlude involving rain yesterday I hope to regain my current run at organization. I think there is some foul, evil animal residing in the back corner of my garage. This is an area that needs cleaning and is an ideal spawning ground for such critters. I just hope its mate doesn't show up.

No comments: