Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, October 16, 2003

You put de lime in de coconut n drink a bowl up!

Since the cold/flu/biological virus seems to be slacking up I will probably die today or at least go comatose. This has been going on for a month. I just want to get well and go get a flu shot!! Always heard when you age it's harder to shake off illness and that may be one of my life's great understatements. God had blessed me with good health until 1997/1998 when I agonized for 9 months wondering if I would be shortly terminated due to cancer. It didn't happen and I am proud to say that I still get good reports every few months after finding the right medical people, but that's another story. I never had colds, back problems, gastro malady, etc., until the last few years. It's been a constant battle experiencing one problem after another. I've torn muscles that need repairing and do not exercise much. Diet is not what it should be and weight needs to be lost. So something has to give because a late lifetime of drifting from one illness to another does not fit into my planned agenda! BTW, The comatose/death remark is a joke (I hope).

Google search will find many sites that pertain to medical stuff. WEBMD is a good place to start. I've mentioned this site before and always start there when seeking cyber-medical babble. Of course the internet is a hypochondriac's dreamscape. Please beware of any information and GO SEE A DOCTOR. Find a doctor you trust and one that talks to you like a human being. If they take that superior attitude, beware. At the same time if they start out a conversation with 'Hydee bubba, you ain't gonna believe this sh--', beware. This is not rocket science. Common sense always helps. Most medical people are human beings, but this field also has it's share of horses' asses. Anyway take advice from one who knows, seek medical help. Get flu shots if needed. Be nice to them and pay your bills in a timely fashion. After all, they have influence over one of your most precious mortal items.

Also, laugh. Laugh and seek humor. Going through life and not having fun is about as dumb as it gets. Period. Nuff said. (Cough, cough) Peace out!

"Health is the condition of wisdom, and the sign is cheerfulness -- an open and noble temper."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The healthy, the strong individual, is the one who asks for help when he needs it. Whether he has an abcess on his knee or in his soul."
-- Rona Barrett

No comments: