Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Did the RIAA buy 'mail.com'?

My email addy is cybersouth@mail.com. It's a simple, easy address. I started using this free service many years ago when it came into being as snap mail. Just a few months ago I wrote them asking about different types of accounts so I could pay and upgrade the account. Well, that won't happen. I am looking for another web mail service. Please recommend something. These people have put up their own popups, literally slowed down the page transitions and have developed a nasty attitude. Sorry, you won't get my money by making your service worse then trying to sell me that to which I've grown accustomed. So 'mail.com' is right out there with the spammers, popup jerks and dungware people. Let's see, Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton reported last night on The Screensavers that email usage is down 60%. I don't think I would punish someone that used free service thinking they'll roll over and bark like a dog. Sorta Nazi-ish, huh?

Speaking of email, several people have written concerning my trip and the post I have said will come. Please, I am working on it and need a little more time. When it's published you'll understand.

"In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone."
- Bill Gates

No comments: