Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, October 18, 2003

Veni, Vidi, Seati

Not too long ago I needed a chair. After much looking and up/down motion, I have one. It is overstuffed, built like a Sherman tank, gorgeous and wayyyy comfortable. It is made locally by some mastercraftsmen. The Seat Company is located in Pontotoc, MS. That's about 15-20 minutes due west of Tupelo, MS. Rusty, Steve, Joe and the team make beautifiul furniture with the utmost precision and material. Imagine sitting on a cloud. At the end of a workday I am ready to drop into this wonderful piece of furniture, armed with my remote and watch The Screensavers on TechTV. This is a weekday ritual and it is joyous I tell ya'! I opted for cloth and it matches my decor perfectly. Another neat thing about The Seat Company is that you can order online and at wholesale prices. They specialize in leather and it's really awesome. These folks know their business and are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Does this sound like a commercial? Hey, they are friends of mine. They do great work! Go to the site and look around. Their web page is straghtforward, easy to navigate and is most informative. There's a permalink posted. Check 'em out!

I am still downloading the current critical updates (my XP and 2000 machines are done) and have had no problems so far. I think they are relatively safe. Protect your PC. Update your virus definitions too. And don't open emails that you know nothing about! Real good chance they have virus infections. Just delete them and stay safe.

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing."
- Dale Carnegie

No comments: