Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Zoners Need Not Apply

Why is it that people assume techs are mind readers and can anticipate all needs under any circumstance? I use a PDA to help my poor lagging brain remember things and still have so much on my mind it's hard to remember everything. A call or mention of something like replacing a ceiling tile after a cable run is certainly not offending if relayed with good positive manners. To expect me to read your mind about such a thing is just plain dumbass. Look, I make mistakes every day. So do you. There's only been One that didn't and thank God that we can seek forgiveness through Him for our daily screw ups. Please remember, we have not yet reached the point where telepathy is possible.

The worst thing one can do is mess with my family and many of my good friends ARE considered family. My family is precious and I didn't spend 2 years in Vietnam and the rest of my life learning to be a pushover. The next thing is jacking me around about money. Don't do this, and I mean it. I have no problems opening a can of whupass lawyer or otherwise when it comes to someone playing games about money. My rates are very fair and it is the credo of the beach house never to take on a job that is out of the beach house league. The third thing that irks me is the expectation that I'll magically read your mind. Stop it. You'll not likely see telepathy for many many years to come.

It's very apparent I have no problems about initiating web responses to what I consider stupid and unfair practices. I had a Memphis VA Hospital Sucks site up for a while. Their attention span is short, but they took notice and several of us finally received badly needed VA care. There is a site counter at the very bottom/left corner of this blog. God knows I love y'all coming here, even the dissenters. Yes, there will always be opposition. This is NOT a forum. And trying to be politically correct has arrived at a point to where it just plain sucks. There is probably not a Silent Majority bone in my body.

Nice, polite people are to be admired. I abhor and despise despots and bullies. Many years ago I stopped a woman from beating a child in the grocery store. Poor little fellow had been slapped into a display of cans that fell on him and he was bleeding profusely and she kept wailing away. Couldn't reason with the hateful thing and she turned on me. She threatened to kill me and the police were called. They carried her out kicking and screaming. Know what? To hell with the bitch. I hope they put her kids in a foster home and provided them safety. Let's face it, some folks are beyond the realm of goofiness and insanity. These are the Twilight Zoners.

This is my story...and I'm a stickin' to it. Be nice. I don't have time nor any incentive whatsoever to deal with rude, rapacious people. If you take offense then you really don't need to be here, do you? If you agree please let me know by commenting.

"Men who never get carried away should be."
~Malcolm Forbes

No comments: