Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Favorite Color? Green


Television is a weird medium. Such a wonderful tool that can educate and at the same time a boob toob that rots the mind. Suffering from insomnia and still awakening in spite of the sleep med taken, last night found me engrossed in a a 1.5 hour program on the Science Channel titled Green: The New Red, White, and Blue. This is TV at its very best. ALL people should watch this program. Make me Emperor of the Known Universe and I'd force everyone to view this well produced, nicely paced show about the survival of our planet.

This has a slant of controversy on my part. The person responsible for this informative 90 minutes is Tom Friedman. I like Friedman just about as much as Hillary. Not one of my favorite people. His political views are liberal and he can be irritating as hell. Yet, this was well done and he kept his neoliberal nazism to a minimum. He even had something nice to say about President Bush and that's rare these days.

Credit where credit is due; this is a good piece of work. Check the schedule in the link above and watch this offering. There, my tree hugging for the day is almost over (read the quote).

"There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew."
~Marshall McLuhan, 1964

No comments: