Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, October 05, 2007

Come Listen to a Story 'Bout a Man Named Jed


Battlestar Galactica is on hiatus so there's not a lot to watch on the boob tube. Stargate Atlantis now features Kaylee (Jewel Staite) from Firefly and Samantha (Amanda Tapping) from Stargate SG1. I have started watching Smallville on a semi regular basis. Good show. Also liked the first installments of Chuck and Reaper. Adam Baldwin (no, he's not one of them), who played Jayne on Firefly, is now a regular cast member on Chuck. Other than an occasional glance at Fox News and Letterman my TV viewing is only a few hours a week.

Nothing is a must see anymore. Sorry, all the crime shows bore me to tears. Do like some of the stuff on Discovery, History and Science channels. Oh yeah, I will still watch the "Jethro and Mr. Drysdale Show" on occasion. WKRP is still funny too. Hmmmm, maybe my TV viewing is still a bit too much. It stays on a lot to null the tinnitus (constant ringing in ears thanks to Vietnam). When Dick Rice comes on with weather bulletins I do, however, stop what I am doing and cut it off until the "storm" is over.

"If you surveyed a hundred typical middle-aged Americans, I bet you'd find that only two of them could tell you their blood types, but every last one of them would know the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies."
~Dave Barry

No comments: