Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's a Garbo Weekend


There's work scheduled today, tomorrow and next week. Finally, I'll have money to pay someone for house cleaning. The riding lawn mower is going to the shop (I hope). A new weed eater has to be purchased too. If anyone is doing back surgery at a discounted rates or will legally prescribe something that eases the pain without knocking me out please, puh-lease let me know. One of these days the replacement garage door opener will be installed. It's been in the garage still boxed up since Paul Revere took his ride. Guess someone will be glad to do that the day after I drop dead. And I sure hope to wax my 15 year old truck, that I like a lot, one more time before the big dirt nap. Still miss the El Camino. A clean house, a kewl old vehicle, the ability to mow and trim the yard without taking flexiril and a smile. Gosh, I am a simple man, with simple needs.

Yet, I'm tired. There's been no fun for the past two weeks except for a few hours yesterday when I visited with my oldest daughter and her new baby girl and a few minutes last week when I stopped by Red Magnet to visit with my youngest daughter. I need a break. Damn it, I am not asking anyone for help, but just leave me alone for a few days so I can organize and rest. All this negative garbage sucks. I want to go back to being my Republican, United Methodist, Parrothead, Optimistic self. BTW, Hillary Clinton is the Devil. Just felt like saying that since this is my space and not a forum. Also, please remember I can edit your comments. You say something nice about the Hillarybeast and I'll change it to where you are sucking up to Mitt or Fred.

In the meantime, please consider the quote of the day. Really consider it. Then pray.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."
Matthew 7:12, KJV

No comments: