Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Workin' for the weekend or workin' thru the weekend?

It's Sunday and that means only one day left to work this week - today! I hope and pray that I will get my life back and have some weekends off eventually. Time is far more precious than money. If someone can explain this vacation concept, please let me know. I have enough trouble finding time to eat lunch (usually done while driving down the road) so the idea of complete days off is hard to grasp. Don't get me wrong making extra money is almost a necessity, so I shall stride forth to my both of my clients today with a smile. Think my buddy Stan is going to help and that is always great. Charlie may help too.

Watched the third season opener of Star Trek Enterprise last night. After all the hoopla about making it more action oriented, things seem about the same. They also left the story line open once again. This was a cliff-hanger from the end of last season and they haven't finished the story yet. Why not have a 2 hour special instead of letting it go to next week? Anyway, it's worth watching just to see T'Pol (Jolene Blalock).

Must get ready and hit the grind. Don't buy CDs, sign up at the boycott RIAA page and tell your friends.

"There is a vast world of work out there in this country, where at least 111 million people are employed in this country alone--many of whom are bored out of their minds. All day long. Not for nothing is their motto TGIF -- 'Thank God It's Friday.' They live for the weekends, when they can go do what they really want to do."
-Richard Nelson Bolles, What Color is Your Parachute?, 1970

No comments: