Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, September 01, 2003

That Mexican Weapon of Mass Destruction

Sarah from California wrote, "With this quote, are you endorsing gun control laws?" She's referring to the quote at the bottom of yesterday's post. No, Sarah, please read the August 27th entry. I do endorse learning the proper use of any weapon. I endorse ultimate restraint. I endorse nil hesitation factor. I endorse being very sure of what you will shoot. I endorse locking up all weapons upon the initial imbibing of a refreshing beverage with tequila in it (see yesterday's quote!). Geez! I thought everyone had knowledge that tequila is dangerous in appreciable quantities.

College football is underway. Watched Mississippi State/Oregon Saturday and Kentucky/Louisville Sunday. Mississippi State deserves a rematch because of the sight disadvantage. What normal jock could endure those dayglo yellow uniforms rushing around you? Oregon, get a life and use some restraint. Only things missing from that Mardi Gras uniform were flashing beads and neon signs on the helmet saying "look at my idiot self!" The Kentucky/Louisville game was delayed because of rain. Didn't know they could do that. I don't think they'd delay a game at Ole Miss for anything short of the Apocalypse. Who Knows? New things abound in this world that forever changes. My friends in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama have to be happy with one exception. They all won with the exception of Auburn which is in Alabama. In a way I hate any SEC team lost, but since one had to - sure glad it was a team coached by Tommy Tuberville. He's a horse's ass. Ole Miss went to Nashville and barely squeaked by Vandy. Can you say fumble? If I overlooked your team, please accept my apology . Remember, I support SEC teams and am a Rebel fan. Also pull for two other Mississippi teams: Go Dawgs and Southern!

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman



No comments: