Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, September 29, 2003

A clean, well-lighted day

Ahhhhhhh, another Sunday night with about two hours sleep. This stress thangy is tough.....but yesterday was great. I actually worked in the yard and accomplished some tasks long overdue. Then my youngest daughter, Mimi, and her family came over. The grill was smoking with Margarita Chicken when they arrived and she seemed to genuinely like her birthday gifts. We had a nice visit and watched that crazy Steve Erwin on the Crocodile Hunter. He's not sane. At one time he was trying to catch a snake that was spitting venom in his face and had the use of only one hand. The other was bandaged and we never did find out what bit him. Dude needs help. Charlie brought his riding lawn mower and left it for me to use. Maddie just gets smarter by the day. They are such a joy. It was a real treat to be stretched out in the hammock talking to my oldest daughter when they drove up. She said go visit and give them her love. These two sisters are way kewl. So with two hours sleep I face the day well armed with knowledge that my familiy is happy. God has blessed me. I am a fortunate man.

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
-James Barrie

No comments: