Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Monkeys in the bermuda grass

The telco cable modem is acting up again. I am signed on with a 16,800 upstream so page transition sucks. I hate these things. Vista Media needs to kick it and swap to asynchronous as soon as possible. Comcast is running rampant in the surrounding areas installing two way cable modems and I've only received one bad report. What worries me the most is that when I publish this page the drag ass speed may cause a time out and that usually messes things up and it takes hours to repair. The marketing people for Vista Media are missing the boat because our area is very close to the largest shopping mall in north Mississippi. Affluence abounds and people are begging for broadband. They can convert a large majority of subscribers the very first day. But no, they have put every and I mean every area they service before us. Baboon marketing strategy. Monkeys promoted to higher levels of incompetence, etc. Excuse me while I try to drop out of warp whine.

There, that's better. I am so looking forward to spending time with my lawn mower. There are creatures stalking me again when I go to get in the truck. It's hard for my old fat ass to make a dash from the veranda with all the gear I carry; laptop, software, cameras, pistol, change of clothes and whatever equipment I've brought home to work on and have animals in high grass prowling on the hunt. Ahhh the travesty of not owning a riding mower. Donations are accepted. Just leave them in the jar on the veranda that has the label "Mike's Vacation Fund or Hospital Fund if he doesn't get some time off and has a massive heart attack!" Plumb ridiculous and downright selfish. And kidneystones aren't a vacation activity.

K, I am going now. Warp whine has been reactivated so I shall go be miserable in front of the TV. Or may just go outside and hang with my new best friends - Briggs and Stratton.

"The whole business of marshaling one's energies becomes more and more important as one grows older."
-Hume Cronyn



No comments: