Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Gotta' spend more time in the sunshine!

Well, college football season continues its downhill slide for me. Ole Miss lost another one. Didn't even bother with the game. I am fairly sure that it's the same thing that we've seen so far with Cutcliffe's conservative approach and forgiving attitude towards receivers. Eli probably threw great, hit the receivers in the numbers and they dropped the ball. Same song second verse. Sad to have such a good quarterback and buffoon like coach. Really hate Arkansas lucked out over Alabama: I despise them almost as much as Auburn. LSU beat Mississippi State, Tennessee squeaked by South Carolina in overtime, Florida barely beat Kentucky and so forth. This is probably my last mention of college football. Hard to be an optimist and an Ole Miss fan with Cutcliffe there. Don't start all that 'you gotta believe email stuff'. There's a very good chance Ole Miss may not win another game this season. Sometimes you just have to face facts n trod on, my brothers and sisters.

Another rocker has passed over. Robert Palmer, 54, died of a heart attack in Paris, France, on Friday. Noted for his 'sharp dressed man' style and kewl videos, he did some classic numbers; Addicted to Love, Simply Irresistable, Didn't Mean to Turn You On, etc. I had just heard a radio interview with him about a month ago and he seemed to be cool and casual. His music had a clean, positive approach throughout his career and it was refreshing to see someone well dressed that sang great melodies in such a way the words could be understood. He was well rounded and I really liked his Power Station stuff recorded with the Taylor brothers of Duran Duran fame. Rock and Roll at its best.

Mimi, my youngest daughter, told me yesterday to quit worrying so much. Guess my negative funk is showing. So today I am going to enjoy some time with positive people and try and forget negative thoughts. I WILL drink from the half full glass. Peace out!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
-Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: