Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Full Moon-itis can be positive

It's 1:30am and I just walked in from a good butt kicking that was delivered by a network. It gets to face me again in the grudge match later this morning. Had 4 of the machines transferred over to a new server and it decided to go schizoid. Have a few choice words to say about the RIAA "amnesty", but must wait until I can communicate with my fingers. Don't give the mafiosos ANY information!

A most gracious thanks goes out to Sean and James. These two pulled over on the side of a busy highway after midnight and helped my tired ass get the truck running after the alternator failed and the battery drained. It's nice to hear, "Sir, are you okay?" They deduced the company truck wouldn't be left on the road without someone there guarding it. The thought had just run through my mind to cell phone our office manager. Come to find out they knew someone that worked for us a while ago. Thank you, thank you, thank you. They also went 15 miles out of their way to make sure I struggled into Saltillo. It is a huge pleasure to meet nice people with manners and a concern for fellow human beings! I don't know about your world, but my world has it's share of ill-mannered, ill-tempered jerks. These young guys saw an older dude in trouble and helped. Great ending to a really trying night

"Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness."
George Sand (1804 - 1876)

No comments: