Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, September 22, 2003

Apples and Oranges? (take oranges - the apples and windows may have bugs)

The infectious ones are at it again. Mr. Bill Gates nor any of his henchpersons at Microsmooze will never send you a "fix" for a virus in the email. They especially won't assign it as an attachment. If you open such stuff you are now infected with the SWEN aka W32Swen, etc. virus. This is an infection akin to the sobig thangy that went around a coupla' weeks ago. Please don't open attachments that you are not sure about. I've heard that this virus in some forms takes advantage of the MIME flaw in windows so if you haven't done your windows updates then infection can happen just by browsing. Do the windows critical updates, update your virus definitions and don't open attachments. This will keep the cyberbugs away.

Anonymous Apple dude or dude-ette, please get a life. Apparently, you have nothing better to do than read my daily winding of things cyber and southern. Then you raise hell because I don't like the antichrist (steve jobs). Most people come here for a laugh, a decent link and to stay in touch. I try to reply to all emailers even if they flame. Some have changed my mind. God knows I'll never call the University of Memphis anything other than the University of Memphis! I make mistakes. See the post back the first weekend of this month. Alas, I'll not soon change my mind about the value of an Apple. Slow, WAY WAY WAY too expensive and only a 3% market share. OSX is much better, but the prices are absurd. Apple Puters do graphics and music well. I wish they'd quit making ridiculous claims. With the advent of utilizing FreeBSD as a kernel for their OS they may do better. I do like the iPods for windows (they to, are too expensive). Sheesh! No virus infections for Apples? Remember the market share.

I've some images posted on the web and working on importing them. They are up because I am putting together a web page called Saltillo Beach House. It is several weeks away. Shucks, only been trying to do this for over a year, LOL. Well, I need to go attend to laundry and watch the yard dry. It's rained just enough to make it impractical to mow. I've had better Mondays...and worse. At least Ole Miss didn't lose this weekend.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
-Albert Einstein

No comments: