Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, June 29, 2003

We might possibly be hearing the death cries of mass music syndication. Mitch Glazier, a first class jerk and a butt-ugly horse's patoot, says that we all will be prosecuted and that we will pay for music downloaded through sites "blessed" by the RIAA. Hey Mitch! Kiss my Mississippi Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have many files and if I want to share them, count on it Mitchypoo, it will happen. You do not have the power to stop me short of blowing up the TVA dams in this area. It's very obvious this has really angered the masses and file swapping is still out there going strong.

Hey, let's say that Grokster, Kazaa, WinMX, Morpheus, etc. disappear and I hope they don't. There are many ways to transfer files. We were doing it a long time before the peer to peer folks came along. I still occasionally send stuff thru file transfer of IMs. Last time I looked there are several programs in my arsenal that give me the capability to "burn" CDs. I also have an extra network card and can easily transfer stuff over my network to any computer that happens to show up. What about vcr tapes? Get out some blanks and record music video channels and then transfer the audio to a cd. This is not rocket science. I don't see the RIAA trying to ban music videos or vcrs. Duh! Go figure!?!?

Believe me folks, there's enough music around to keep me entertained for a while. I haven't even asked my ex if she'll loan me all the old albums we collected through the years. I'd love to "rip" some of the stuff that's just not readily available and lives on in that collection. You see? File sharing is almost unstoppable. I said almost. There is one way it can happen....

Cut out the middle man. Choke the very breath out of the RIAA and any like subspecies. Artists need to embrace the internet and publish their own libraries and new tunes. Make it available for download at a reasonable price. Clint Black did this a few years ago and was selling a new album for about half of what it costs at Wally World. This makes sense. Maybe too much sense.

Through the years I have bought many, many, many albums. Music is a wonderful gift. I've definitely given and received. Buffalo Springfield made 4 albums. No doubt I've owned 50 copies. How many times have I played 'Waiting for Columbus" by Little Feat and then given the album to someone because they were blown a way by this wonderful compilation? I've no idea. Lots, fer sure. Pink Floyd...I've bought numerous duplicates of their stuff. I certainly have no numbers there because I've listened to them for decades and some of those periods were sorta foggy. If you know about Telarc then know that I've owned many albums they produced. They were way pricy; worth it too.

Purchasing music has never been a problem until now. I absolutely will NOT buy any recorded cds. I am through paying the leeches and bums at RIAA. I'll listen to my collected tunes and wait for the musicians to wise up and do away with these scumbags. Then I'll gladly pay them directly. I'll have saved money and will be able to afford going to concerts once again. This is a win win situation for the decent people embroiled in this turmoil spawned by hell's lackeys.

So Mitchypoo Glazier - Mr. Nazi Potentate, and Steviepoo Jobs over at Apple, rave on. Wish they'd show up, stand toe to toe and defend themselves. Alas, a pipe dream. Only a man real man would do that. Worms have no backbone.

No comments: