Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, June 14, 2003

Sometimes the net overwhelms me. It's like thinking about the 'big picture'. A cosmology unto itself. Within all the spam, sickos, popups, virus infections, spyware, adware there is a enormous amount of information. Hexadecimal throws me for a loop. I think I understand and then it goes gray again. I've been informed that you cannot be called a geek unless you speak hexadecimal therefore I am pseudogeek. Just writing this confuses me...let's see, do i use numerals or letters, wait, something about 16? So I keep searching for that site that has the 'hexadecimal stone". If you are researching a subject, DON'T GIVE UP. Use search engines, links, forums, message boards, instant messenger, IRC and the rest of information gathering tools available. Let's see does the A start after the 9 or the 10?

I like http://www.majorgeeks.com because the techs there catergorize different subjects in a neat, easy to use way. They offer many freeware/shareware programs that will help in the quest for the "perfect" PC. Another site that is worth mentioning again is http://www.analogx.com . This site has been around for a while. Popup stopper, nettracer, mp3s, lotsa audio tools are just some of the items available. It's worth a look and go through each category. There are several neat tools in the networking catergory that will help with web surfing and browser performance.

Remember, download at your own risk. Don't whine to me if you screw something up. I didn't personally hold a cyber-pistol to yo' cyber-melon n force you to download. I love the people that "didn't even touch it" and just can't come to grips with "why it does that." C'mon folks, these 'personal confusers' are machines! Be big, be brave and admit you monkeyed with it! Good Lord knows I do, on a daily basis! How else will you learn? Something to ponder, there are event logs, security logs, etc. in most operating systems nowadays. The tech working on your machine can usually deduce why problems occur.

Please remember, the RIAA and AOL suck!

Pseudogeek out!

No comments: