Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, June 15, 2003

Very quiet this morning. The sun is occasionally shining and I should be in church. Overslept. The night was cool and that will come to a very abrupt halt in the very near future. Sweltering hot summer nights in the south make for restless nights interlaced with weird dreams. A/C is a wunnerful thangy.

Two things are mandatory for me to start a day. Shower and coffee. Everyone seems to have the shower thing 'figgered', but let me tell you brothers and sisters, I know where to buy coffee. Odyssey Coffee is a web based coffee distributor located in Picayune, Mississippi. Being an older southerner, I can remember Picayune cigarettes (do they still make them?). They made Lucky Strikes and Camels seem like a breath of fresh air! Strong I tell ya, strong. Anyway, Odyssey Coffee has no such problems. They have some of the finest coffee around. Their roasting schedule is apparently the way to do this coffee processing. You can read about it at their web site

http://odysseycoffee.freeyellow.com/index.htm

Am a big Kenyan coffee fan, but love their German Chocolate Cake flavor and the Frangelica is the best hazelnut flavor I've ever tasted. The coffee arrives wrapped in white bags and is so good it's hard to stop drinking it! They are reasonably priced; a small portion goes a long way. They have a very informative, easy to navigate site. Try it, you'll like it!!

Gonna go watch Call for Help and Screensavers on TechTV. Praying is on the schedule too. On this Father's Day I will give thanks for my wonderful daughters and remember my really neat, kewl Dad. I miss him so...

No comments: