Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, June 13, 2003

Email is a wonderful thing. I just received a catch up message from my brother, Daddy Dan. My nephews are going big guns. Matthew made the all star baseball team and Will won MVP on the golf team. They have been downloading music, which is a good thing. A virus road down on a tune and wreaked havoc on their 'personal confuser' and they have been down. I hope they keep downloading. Their Grandmother might like some Dean Martin, Harry Connick, Jr., Engleberg Humperdinck, etc. Everyone please download music. Download as much as you can. If you don't have the tools read back and check the rant about the RIAA. I have downloaded Kazaa lite and will install it in the next few weeks. Going to overhall this machine and add 90gigs of 10,000 spin SCSI hard drive. At that time I will completely wipe and reload the PC; going for optimal machine install and configuration. I will use some old stuff and incorporate some new things. The SpyBot program is really keeping spyware out of the works, but I will install Kazaa lite or Grokster lite for a test run at least.

It's Friday the 13th! That means there are only 2 more days to work this week!

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/historical/a/friday_the_13th.htm

The moon is in its fullest stage tomorrow.

http://co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/astronomical.shtml

This is a good moon site. If you google search for moon info be sure and search for moon phases and not moon cycles unless you are interested in motorcycle stuff influenced by the moon. The US Naval Observatory always has neat stuff about astronomy, weather, etc.

Everyone be careful this weekend. The Friday thing doesn't bother me, but full moons tend to bring the crazies out. My son-in-law, Dr. Jay (aka Uncle Snake, a very endearing nick that he may make me edit out! lol), said that emergency rooms tend to max out during full moons. A full moon on a weekend night? Think I'll stay home, pop some corn, make some tea and clean out my refrigerator.

No comments: