Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

F1 Key Warning and New NVidia Drivers

There is a valid warning about websites asking you to use the F1 key. DON'T DO IT!! You can go to Microsoft Security Advisory 981169 to learn more. There are some workarounds, and I expect a "fix" next Patch Tuesday which should occur on April 13, 2010, if history repeats. This is verified by snopes and the rest on the web so stay away from the F1 key if asked to use it on any website. Read the above article because not all versions of Windows are subject to this garbage. Thanks EdC for a very important heads up.

Also users of NVidia graphics cards might want to check out their NVidia Downloads Page. New drivers are out that address several issues, especially if you play Crysis. This machine has installed driver 197.13 and there has been no glitches so far. Thanks out to Ashy for another great heads up.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
~Mother Teresa

1 comment:

feleciab said...

There are critical updates tonight for IE6, 7, 8, and 9 if you have been brave enough to try it.
I have not tried version 9 yet.
Please install these updates!