Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Go Away You Dirty Old Snake

Am I snakebit? Well, duh!!! The shop/garage burned to the ground today. The siding on the house melted, but the house was saved. Go Saltillo Fire Department!! Kudos and Props. Have to meet with insurance ppl on Monday so we'll see what we will see. For some reason I don't have a good feeling about the Monday meeting. 5 complete servers including a Blade Xeon and Power Edge Dual , along with 2 Gateways and a Compaq are forever gone. Lost the riding mower, the push mower, the new air compressor, clothes dryer etc., and still have to sort through the rubble to see what else I am forgetting.

The DMJB (Dock's Mayonnaise Jar Bank) will be on the veranda and open for deposits. Believe me when I say I am really watching for snakes. Oh yeah, there will be no withdrawals from the DMJB.

"I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine."
~Kurt Vonnegut

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! I have been out of the loop and not on blogger for a while so I didn't know this had happened. Thank goodness your house was ok.