Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Watch Out for Merry Pranksters




April Fools Day. Just another heathen incorporation from the past. Especially this year it irritates me, because it comes just before the highest holy days of my faith, Christianity. We've so much monkey business going on in government it doesn't seem worth the effort to play jokes on someone. Congress is enough of a joke. Don't get me wrong. Good Friday is celebrated at the Beach House and IMHO, there is nothing nothing wrong with children hunting Easter eggs. Yes, I am aware the church incorporated pagan holiday festivities into a solemn remembrance of Christ dying on the cross. I do think that the Resurrection is just as important (if not more so) as the Birth. But, show me in the Bible where God says don't have fun. I check in with God several times a day. Those prayers can be about various things, but you can bet your sweet bippy one will be about personal salvation. Yes, I am selfish enough to want a one way ticket to Heaven. Peace Out!

“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and
the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
and a little child shall lead them.”

Isiah 11:6

No comments: