Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday's Music - This is Melodic and Strange

No doubt this is different. The performance is top notch and the words almost mystical. It's rather long, but very haunting. I fell in love with Ghost in the Shell and Motoko Kusanagi. This is a self-indulgence I permit my nerdiness. Hearing this song late one night as the show ended provoked my curiosity and I started watching. It is a strange Manga; sometimes silly, sometimes ethereal, sometime very dark and disturbing. Not for children. Some adults should not watch as well.

Back when TechTV was on air one of their techs, Morgan Webb, mentioned this anime several times. That is why I caught the ending credits and this song late one night. I looked up the next episode and have watched on and off for several years. The interaction between characters and the concept of living inside the "shell" reminds me of the Matrix. Again, this is not for most people, but the song deserves some recognition.



What about it? Comments about music are rare. One of the reasons I took a chance and featured this different type of video. I find this to be soothing. It takes me to a magical land where I feel compassion and love. Some call it daydreams. Any opinions?

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
~C.S. Lewis

No comments: