Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Virtual Reality vs Reality

Got an email from someone that said they couldn't believe I watch anime. Well, I don't as a general rule. I do watch Ghost in the Shell. See yesterday's post. I only play two PC games. One, of course is Guild Wars and I have beat Microsoft's Freecell 102 straight times. This is something I do when loading XP Pro and 102 is a definite record, lol. When I do find time to play it seems there's never enough of said time to do long extended missions with my guildmates. To me, that is the great fun of playing the best online role playing game out there. Yet, it's still fun to jump in for a few minutes and play solo.

I like many things virtual and reality. My recent rollercoaster of stress has made some interesting fodder for a very small time net person that writes with minimal discipline. This is a site that frequently contains the unexpected. Didn't intend to make it that way, just turned out that way. Most of my waking hours are spent in research if not in the field actually manipulating the few networks managed. Know what? There are times I use the internet just for fun. My boss let's me get away with that, lol. This day and time you must stay up to date or you will fail if in the computer networking biz.

Just observations. Pay it forward. Comments?

"Fun is just like Mom's apple pie...you just can't get enough of it."
~D. Stephens

No comments: