Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, November 28, 2009

When Black Friday Comes...I'm Staying Home

Disclaimer:To all my wonderful folks not from the Deep South that have gracefully made the transition please know I have the utmost respect for you. You are certainly welcome and I am happy to call many of you my friends. I would never act the way this woman acted in any part of the world.



Foolish mistakes should not be repeated. Therefore, there will be no more leaving the house on Black Fridays. Since I had to get my newer phone back on line a call was made to my buddy Samantha in the cell dept. of Wal-Mart on Main Street. I don't like Wal Mart and this one is my least favorite. Sam told me she was leaving but they had the new chargers for auto and home in stock. She also said they had just a few of each left for my model phone. I arrived about an hour later. Samantha had left. However, a nice young lady tried to help but sold me the wrong devices. Please keep in mind it's Black Friday and I am in a store I despise. Tested it in the truck. Didn't work so it's back inside.

Gentleman at the door pointed me towards customer service where there were somewhere around 20,000 people in one line with one person pulling her hair out behind the counter trying to help. Another lady went behind the counter and asked if she could help someone. I dove for it and was first in line. I was happy. Then this fat bitch pushed my goods to be returned off the counter and plopped her fat ass in my place as I dove to keep my electronics from crashing to the floor. I recovered and informed her she was a rude crude mean spirited person that most certainly was hatched somewhere wayyyyy north of Corinth. I then said, "You should learn some manners." Get this, if she had asked I would have been polite and let her go first!

She then informed me I needed to mind my own GD business. Do not take the Lord's name in vain around me. My survival instincts heightened by 2 years in Vietnam kicked into overdrive. My retort was, "Shut your fat mouth and don't say another word to me." She started ranting and I asked the lady behind the counter to get the manager and call the police. Fat mouth immediately shut up. The lady behind the counter stared at me as if asking, "What do I do?"

"Please take care of her problem so she will leave, but if she speaks to me again, I'll call the police," was my answer. Meanwhile the 14,000 or so people behind me in line started cheering and clapping. Fat ass got her way and left. She probably parked her broom in a handicapped zone. Then the customer service lady said she agreed with my attitude and thanked me for not inciting a riot.

Money returned, I headed out to our other super center. Dread was upon me. They had the parts and a most pleasant woman politely took my money. She wished me a happy Thanksgiving holiday and I returned the same wish. She had a southern accent that was about as thick as my own.

If you are from somewhere besides the Deep South and have settled here please take heed: Be polite. Have some courtesy when interacting with local people. We are a society of people that try not to get above our raising. Remember this little known piece of information the next time you decide to use that snarly hateful attitude - We may have lost that war of Yankee aggression, but when 1 Southerner perished that meant that 4 Northern soldiers died. That's a lopsided ratio for any war. We do know how to fight and don't abide much rudeness. Yet it still saddens me that those 4 Union soldiers died every time 1 Rebel soldier died. It was a really stupid war. None of us should be proud. Thank God that is long in the past and we became stronger because of this historical, horrible, bloody mistake.

There. Enough venting. We learn from our mistakes sometimes. Yesterday certainly opened my eyes. And probably a few others too.

"The world is full of cactus, but we don't have to sit on it."
~Foley

No comments: