Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Something Completely Different

There is some crazy stuff out there for iPhones. This is the MacDaddy of apps written for this controversial device. Check out Waterloo Labs for an ultimate example of geeks having fun. This company is based in Austin, Texas. I found out about them over at Kim Komando's site. No doubt I could hang out with this group for a while. Thanks out to Kim for another great link. Also you might want to take a look at National Instruments who conspired with the geeks having fun on the serious tech side of this, "labor." Anyway, check out how these guys use an iPhone to control a full size vehicle remotely; a very short video. It's a hoot! Leave a comment and let me know what you think about these Waterloo wild and crazy guys.


iPhones have been around for a while and people will do all types of weird stuff with them. Some folks like them and some don't. My daughter that just moved to West Tennessee uses one and loves it. Some local friends liked them so much they actually bought two Apple laptops. One of my clients hates them and says he'll never use them again. He's found that they are unreliable and overheat. BTW, he has a MacBook for sale. Email me. Personally, I still love my Razr V9x. It's perfect for my needs which do NOT include texting. That reminds me, texting can be shut down. If people don't quit sending pictures over the text application it will be turned off on my phone. Email them to me!!! It costs too much money to receive them by phone.

Have a casual hump day.

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing."
~Dale Carnegie

No comments: