Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, November 06, 2009

A Few Serious Words

On August the 10th I celebrated the fact that I have been happily divorced for 17 years (might be 18, not sure). During this time my ex and I have been amicable the majority of the time. I think she dates someone and I gave that up several years ago. My turning inward and striving to be alone is part of recovering from my time spent in Vietnam or so I am told. I drink far less, don't do drugs, love my friends, family and country. I will always thank God that my ex delivered two beautiful, intelligent, almost perfect daughters. My pride swells when I even think about them. They are the bright shining lights you see in my eyes. Both have chosen wonderful husbands and their children are extremely well mannered and happy.

Why am I talking about this at this time? My ex mother in law is hospitalized and needs your prayers. She is a Christian who loves the Lord. All her life she has been an educator. Later in life she even returned to school and obtained her masters. My ex brother in law and sister in law are on good terms with me and they really should despise me. That's a story you will not find here. I care for this family. Next to my own father I admired my one time father in law more than any other man. He loved his family. May they both rest in peace. You know, something tells me they do...

Beagle has mentioned this on her site several times and I feel compelled to mention the need for prayer here. So, please put her on your prayer list or give a moment to pass on our concern to the heavenly Father. Don't think I've ever mentioned anything about my past married life, but I do respect this woman and pray there be Grace in her life. Please pray God's Grace for the family too. My ex does not read this site. Nor do any of the family except my daughters. This is a plea for God's mercy and my fellow man's compassion. Nothing more.

"We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties."
~Oswald Chambers

No comments: