Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Curmudgeon Central

It's a beautiful autumn day with a slight chill in the air. Perfect day for me to go shop where the evil children live and terrorize - WallyWorld. Wal-Mart is a name used by many. Honestly, if I acted like the little heathens that scream up and down the aisles when I was their age it would have been curtains for me. After a thorough thrashing other parents would have gathered around and applauded this parental effort. Nowadays a kid can run you over with a cart, bite you, even knife you and it pisses their parents off if you take offense! Most likely a bunch of Satan worshippers. If you can't control your children put 'em in a cage where they belong. I think they should enforce stricter rules of behavior. Just trashy and ill-mannered. Yet, I have to go there because they are the only folks in town that sells my vacuum cleaner belt. May just buy a new vac; it sure as hell won't be from WallyWorld!

One more thing, we have gunslinger laws in Mississippi. You can wear a sidearm as long as you don't enter a place selling alcohol or if a business has a sign posted saying no guns allowed. Oh yes indeedy, Wal-Mart has such signs. Probably a good thing...

"Life be not so short but that there is always time for courtesy."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: