Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Tracking Device - Fun or Not?

There's a major news bruhaha erupting around Google's latest gadget. It's called Latitude. Surf on over to Google and download if interested. You'll need Maps too. A lot of people seem to be anti-Latitude. Contrary to the news media hype this is not big brother. First, you have to install it, second it can be turned off, third you and the other person have to agree that you'll give permission to let each see their respective location, and last please remember that the news media consists of a bunch of liberal horses' asses that probably need to be, at the very least, jailed. Okay, Fox is an exception.

This will give parents the chance to keep up with rowdy teenagers that tend to get in trouble. It'll be great fun for drivers that do long hauls. I can see all types of uses. Yes there is the dark side. Stalkers beware, I bet this will constitute a violation of space. Besides, you'd have to give a stalker permission. It looks like the safeguards are in place.

If you want to try it and have my phone number let's go for it! You can also send a request to my GMail. Since I don't think the FBI, NSA, MI-5, or any other Black Ops are interested in beach house meanderings the program has been loaded on my phone. Veranda, Beagle and C - I actually did some text stuff and loaded that net thangy! Hard to believe myself, especially since I didn't call any of you for assistance.

We can try it. That is, if I have everything installed properly, lol. Cell phones are not my favorite devices. The buttons are too small! Here is the link to - Google Latitude. Let me know what you think, k?

"Just because you don't see alligators and the water is calm absolutely does not mean they are NOT there!"
~Easley

No comments: