Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just as Ed Said, "WOWWOWWOW!"

The Grammy Awards TV broadcast this year was not especially good. Kept flipping channels, but did stay long enough to hear Carrie Underwood. Carrie can sing and I think she's a great performer. But...her guitarist blew me away. For days I've been searching to find out where she came from, her name, etc. My friend, that great Texas Philosopher, EdC, answered my search with this video. If you like hot guitar licks then you will like this solo. Heck, I think this may even be a practice session! Take 3 minutes or so, put on the headphones or turn up those speakers and enjoy the magic!



Her name is Orianthi and I'll try to find more info. Always nice to see today's generation strive for such heights. Thanks Ed for turning me on to another great joy of music!

"Mediocrity does not see higher than itself. But talent instantly recognizes the genius."
~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

No comments: