Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Riley Jane News

Some news about the new baby - she's fine and her mother phoned my mother (her paternal grandmother) and talked for a few minutes. Actually got a picture through that text stuff on the cell phone. VERY cute baby - if I do say so myself! My youngest daughter, Beagle, has kept me posted and it's hopeful Verdana will call old Dad soon. She has a room full with both of the grandmothers and the other grandfather being there. Thank God they are all there to help. I am going to drive down after all the hoopla dies down when she says it's okay. It's not that I don't want to call, but we made an agreement several months ago that she should call when she feels like it. Hey, I can always take a few minutes to talk to my daughters! BTW, Beagle sorry I missed your phone call; sleeping so soundly I didn't hear the ring.

Uncle Snake, Verdana's husband, did post this on her blog:

Riley Jane arrived Tuesday February 24 at 12:55 PM. Despite her modest 18.5 in length and 6 lb 9.8 oz weight, she needed to exit through the side door. She and Momma are both doing well. Pictures coming soon...

Dadda


Now it's back to bed and the dreamworld of Flexiril. Lifting heavy objects never helps that problem and my dumb butt moved a 19" CRT flat screen monitor to put a server on the bench in order to ready it for installation. Duh!

"The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, "Daddy, I need to ask you something," he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan."
~Garrison Keillor

No comments: