Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, February 07, 2009

I Did It!

I ended up purchasing a Samsung 32" 1080p today. It fits my desk perfectly and has a swivel base. This TV/monitor will be in the bedroom so a simple turn will face it towards the bed for TV viewing. A lot of study went into this purchase and I caught the set at a super sales price. The price was comparable to my favorite online store's cost after shipping. It is absolutely awesome as a PC monitor. You do have to purchase a DVI to HDMI cable to gain the maximum potential. It is running 1920X1080 resolution and was very easy to install. It was up and working within 20 minutes making Guild Wars look fantastic. This has been a dream of mine for years. There are so many bells and whistles it's impossible to talk about all them.

Buyer's remorse has showed up, but this unit won't be returned unless something fubars. LOL. This is a great unit at a great price and the purchase was local. Pretty good for a man who detests spending several hours shopping. At least I didn't have to go to WalMart where all the evil children live. Best Buy was most helpful and recommended this set for my purposes. I had read all the reviews and they were good except for one 'tard that probably had trouble counting on his fingers. Oh yeh, don't even bother going to Rex TV. The two snarling creeps behind the counter acted insulted that I even entered the store. One even told me that there were no 32" 1080p sets made. I left saying, "You might want to check your product knowledge for the past 5 years or so, dude."

Will keep you posted as I continue usage and discover more goodies. I am in love with it so far. Not bad for someone that hasn't bought a TV for over 15 years, huh? Truth be known, it was almost fun!

"I love to go shopping. I love to freak out salespeople. They ask me if they can help me, and I say, "Have you got anything I'd like?" Then they ask me what size I need, and I say, "Extra medium."
~Steven Wright

No comments: