Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Begging Here, Please Read and Understand

Email is great. I get to communicate with people all over the world. It is a wonderful way to keep in touch and share things. By using GMail my spam is at an all time low so it's nice to see what everyone is doing nowadays. For instance, helping promote my brudda' Lee in his quest to obtain one of the reef watcher jobs is great fun. Sure hope he gets it. Receiving news from my daughters and finding out about their happenings is awesome. Beagle inspired me to make a batch of gumbo after reading about her lentil soup. Verdana keeps me updated on the soon expected arrival of her second child. This is great stuff. Friends check in and pass on funny jokes, political observations and uplifting messages of inspiration. And I love the music references. Any type of tech help is super-duper!

Alas, I must reiterate a statement that has shown up on this site many times. When I see a line at the bottom that says something like if I don't pass this on to 20,000 people in the next 5 minutes then Jesus won't love me anymore, that means automatic non-forwarding. Now that said, I don't mind if you send this type of email. Please don't stop. Just don't expect me to follow directions. I won't. Number one, only Jesus will decide if someone deserves His love. People have nothing to do with the judgment of another person's salvation. Yes, prayer does help, but you have no right to interfere in my personal relationship with God and I certainly won't have such an attitude towards you. Number two, intimidation is so negative. Yet, I really really don't mind receiving this type of email. Some great messages arrive this way. Again, just don't expect it to be forwarded from the beach house.

Please don't interpret this as a personal slam. It isn't. A very good friend of mine lost touch years ago because she thought I wanted her to stop emailing. That wasn't it. This is simply an explanation about how forwarding is handled. Very few things are forwarded. Jokes? They are okay. I might send ONE to others in say, a year's time. That's it. Political stuff is about the same. Music, desktop wallpapers, viable causes for different charitable functions, pleas for those in true need, news about technology, really kewl stuff, etc., are a different matter. BTW, if you don't want it to end up on Cybersouth, please let me know. Remember the address IS cybersouth@gmail.com. Just drop a note letting it be known you don't want your content published on the web.

I know someone will take this the wrong way. Instead of stopping emails to me - send something telling me you don't understand and I'll attempt to give you a better reason why things are rarely forwarded from this site. All this said please keep those cards n letters comin! And make comments! Love comments. And I love email.

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
~Arthur Godfrey

No comments: