Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Monday, February 02, 2009

Ramblings After the Weekend

It was a long and hectic weekend and today was a proverbial nightmare. Proprietary software blowing up is nowhere close to my idea of fun. Okay, I didn't write it, I didn't install it (even though I requested to do exactly that over 7 months ago), and I spent most of today fighting to make it work. It is working somewhat, yet I'll be up at 2:00AM in the morning and many miles away on site by 8:00AM. Gosh, it bewilders me when people blame the computer tech. If a nuclear bomb drops will that be my fault? After all it is a high tech device! Shucks folks, I am a viable part of the solution to the problem. If I spend this much time and effort show me some o' dat crazzzyy love! Me Precious needs it!

The whiner is going to bed now to get my 2 hours sleep. Oh yes, there has been a rash of burglaries in the Saltillo area. Please be a good neighbor and watch dwellings while people are away. It's a simple phone call to get our police force on site. Good Lord knows I've got some of the greatest neighbors in the world. Pay it forward and help your fellow human out! Now to bed.

"Patience is the companion of wisdom."
~St. Augustine

No comments: