Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rewiring

Browsed over to Scientific American and found an interesting article. The title is Six Ways to Boost Brainpower. Now the Good Lord, most associates and friends realize this is may have been written for me. Several really kewl things were discovered.

Did you know that walnuts, blueberries and spinach are great foods that nourish the brain? Happens that all three are favorites of mine. Looks like a few cups of coffee won't hurt either. Coffee is my favorite beverage. I really have to watch how much I drink. Ashby Rhett Culpepper, III, Jr., Esq., once had his Grandfather tell him that he'd rather go get a drink of muddy creek water than to drink decaffeinated. This has my endorsement. If the caffeine is missing why bother?

My fellow Guild Wars mates will be glad to know video games are recommended. Surgeons that spend a few hours each week playing vid-games make 1/3 fewer errors than non gamers. You can bet your sweet bippy what my first question will be if I have to go under the knife! Let's see, a Guild Wars Warrior may be my new best surgeon friend. Or even an Assassin! Or a Dervish! This is great news...I think.

Great googly moogly they rave about the benefits of music. Talked about getting pumped. The beach house network machines all have musical names. My Linux Kubuntu machine is named Mozart. They especially like him. Just scroll back through the archives and it's apparent there is music at the beach house. Excuse me for a few moments while I go listen to the Orianthi video posted on Sunday - okay, back here. Whew! I feel better and I believe just a tad smarter.

Anyway, this article is full of info. You'll notice that the first thing mentioned is exercise. Time to get active! Hope it lowers my triglycerides. I like this site. There is a plethora of info here. Take a look around. Now the New Balance extra wides are being put on and out the door I go!

"Just as iron rusts from disuse, even so does inaction spoil the intellect."
~Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: