Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Heart's Partially in Red Stick


It's Wednesday morning and my sad ear is still ringing away. But, after taking Benedryl and mega amounts of Vitamin C two nights in a row, the onset of a cold has either been stopped or delayed. Today I believe it'll be safe to drive the newly treaded and now starter capable Beach House Red Ranger.

My greatest possible apology goes out to Verdana (one of my two daughters) and family for not being able to see y'all before your return home. A very sad man spent yesterday bent over computers not believing he missed what would have been a great breakfast. This just makes me more determined to take a trip to Baton Rouge. Soon.

Gosh, this year has to change. And it will. God willing.

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."
~John G. Brown

No comments: