Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Smooch You!

If you have a business, especially one that has to retain critical data like a law office, accounting firm, mega retail establishment or an industry that does payroll with tax records, please make sure your backup is working. How can I make this clear? Ashby R. Culpepper, III, Jr. Esq., (it's web name if you haven't figured that out!), who is one of the best techs in this area, says you will ABSOLUTELY not recover data if you have a devastating system failure that requires formatting and re-installation. Well (Ashby says), you may pay someone thousands of dollars for the attempt. Yes, attempt is a key word. And you will pay that fee on the front end. Am I making headway here?

Backup is so critical. Please make sure you have some recourse if a system failure occurs. What if the building burns down? What if lightning strikes? What if rabid wild dogs intent on eating hard drives show up? Or AOL ninjas show up and change your hard drives? People, please do backups. This is so important. What can I do to never hear, "Oh my God, all my data is gone?" Tattoo on the forehead? That probably won't work! Backup and do it VERY often. Like daily. Please keep a copy off site too. Hmmmm, are you using such a procedure? Then I smooch you.

Talk to me if you need help with establishing a backup system. Hope this helps.

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task."
~William James

No comments: