Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Whine Mode has Hit Warp Speed...Again


Normally I am an upbeat, happy person. There are moments where I can whine with the best of them, but I find most others around me seem to bitch and gripe more. In all my years I've only had one year start out worse than this year. For the past 12 days every time I turn around some other travesty befalls me and you know what? Most people just don't give a big fat rat's ass.

1996 was by far the worst year of my life. My Dad died on January 10th, and a few months later I was in the midst of prostate cancer problems. Yep 1996 made Vietnam look like a picnic. You know what else? I am getting too old for this shit! 2008 is indicating a repeat of such a year. I knew I was having wayyy too much fun on the bike trip to Daytona last year.

Since 7:00AM I have been trying to revive my web server and then it progressed into reviving the whole network. It just came back up. On top of all this I forgot a doctor's appointment this morning. Just absolutely forgot it! I DON'T do things like that. Now it's rescheduled for another month off which sucks. Anyway being a positive, optimistic guy has just run over not a bump, but a huge boulder in the road. I pray God will help me get through all this. Many years since I've let life get me down.

For those that were to gather at the beach house tomorrow, don't. It's called off. There's too much work to be done and making headway seems almost impossible. I'll be glad to see 2009...if I survive! Gosh, I wish Dad was here to advise.

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."
~William H. Mauldin

No comments: