Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Late Saturday Night

Recently it was noticed that several jerks have been following behind me and spamming comments. Why anyone would comment here using cyrillic text is a mystery to me. One of the spammers does though. Didn't know baboons spoke Russian!

Clean up of this garbage is being performed. Due to the recent fiasco with 1 or 2 children posing as know it all ArenaNet, Guild Wars experts, I decided to moderate comments. This episode is under investigation and may result in a disclosure of their IPs. Mature adults don't rail and use coarse language...well, most mature adults would not take this approach. Anyway, they are gone and cannot make comments here anymore.

There is now a filter in place at the Cybersouth email addy. This will eliminate this silly nonsense in the future. Tedious and worrisome. Here's an idea: If people want to express outlandish statements then find free hosting and create an online outlet where personal opinions can be posted. That's exactly what I did in April 2003, LOL.

Anonymous, to me, denotes that which is overly diluted. Such a weak, weak name. Gosh, at least exercise creativity and make up a name. You know, something like Daffy Duck, Snidley Whiplash, Leroy Jenkins, The Pelvis, Stormin' Norman or Scooter! In the meantime, I'll gradually rid the site of existing comments spam. BTW, please don't stop commenting. I check moderation several times a day in order to expedite posting of comments. If you disagree with something posted, that is fine. Just don't use vulgar language or be rude. Easy enough? I thought so.

If you are not staying casual strive to get that way. Later.

"It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more 'manhood' to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind."
- Alex Karras

3 comments:

Grasshoppa said...

You forgot Skippy, Stumpy, Moe, Larry, Curley, Shemp, Boris Badinoff, Zeus, Odin, Thor, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc (oops, lol), Dopey, Bashful, Sleazy, Loser, Nitwit, and Douchebag...did I leave any possibles out? ROFL!!

Robert said...

well I just wanted to say I look forward to looking at your posts, I cant come everyday but I do at least come every week a couple times a week. So I appreciate your posts. Keep it up bro and dont let these yahoos discurage you.

Dock said...

Thanks y'all. Positive vibes are reassuring. Reinforces my decision to remove the negative, trash mouth stuff. Great to see two people I respect, back up my decision.