Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Friday, June 17, 2011

Interesting Phone App

Discovered an interesting web based service (the company calls it cloud based). Haven't tried it out yet. If it works I'll use it from now on because I DETEST phone answering devices. I use Fred's for filling prescriptions. One of the things that attracted me was their pharmacy answered the phone. Close proximity doesn't hurt either, lol. Now they use one of those machines. YUCK! It's unbelievable that they want you to punch in every prescription number, doctor's name, date of birth, last time you ate hot dogs and what time you walk your dog. I just lay the phone down and when I hear a human pick up I tell them what I need. It's all over in a matter of minutes. Punching all that other stuff in is time consuming. Besides, most people that are filling prescriptions are ailing and really don't need the added frustration. So, you can let your computer do the work for you.

Here's the link: FONOLO. It's free for personal use and there is also a free cell phone app available. I will 'guinea pig', try it out then report an opinion. If you try it please comment here and let us know the results. Remember, you download at your own risk so don't come crying if you fubar you PC.

"Middle age: When you're sitting at home on Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you."
~Ogden Nash

No comments: