Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Warning: Turbo Whine Mode (You Might Want to Skip This One)

Do I ever wish I had money!!! I'd stop working on PCs period. Would love to have coinage to build my own because I always research the components and usually get it right the first time. All my machines are scanned every day and each protection program is checked for updates before scanning. I don't use evil dung like spyware carrying Yahoo. I stick to valid programs and if problems do arise I take my time and search the knowledge base at Microsoft and several forums. Due to the business several OS's are run on this network when it is functioning. So familiarity with such is above average. If I didn't have this need I'd run Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on most machines with Linux Ubuntu on one, FreeBSD on another and purchase a Mac with Intel technology.

Two machines I've had since Christmas. Have continuously tried to repair the problems and I still don't have a clue. Actually I think my efforts are completely futile. One motherboard is dead I've decided and there is some hardware problem with the other. Now I have another machine that has valuable data and I have ordered another repair disk not knowing if it will work or not. Should be here tomorrow. The installation of XP Pro is in a loop that I can't remove or reconfigure. It gets to network drivers and blue screens. I bet this has happened 30 maybe 40 times. Tried different XP Pro disks and it makes no difference. This shit is gonna' put me in the damn nut house for sure! If anyone has any recommendations please contact me. Just want this latest one fixed and will worry about the other two later. Literally I've been up all night for 3 days now trying to find a solution. Any help will certainly be appreciated.

Sorry to all the AMD folks, but my next new build (if there ever is one) will be Intel based. Just never see Intel machines with all these weird problems. The two AMD machines I own are in a building stage and have been since I took these others in the shop. They will work and do a good job, but it is technology that's several years old. Just won't finish them until I resolve the client's problems. You come first. Yet, with this year being filled with disaster after disaster (the shop burning down was devastating) plus the goofball antics of the current administration concerning our country's economy, my continuous uphill battle trying to fight the VA then add max stress and worry, none of this has helped. I have found out who are my real friends though. More people have disappointed me this year than any preceding year. Still, family and my real friends have pitched in and helped. To all of those good people I owe you for what little sanity that's left. To the "friends" that deserted me I despise all of you.

Enough Mel Gibson emulation. Had to vent. Tomorrow will be a better day. I hope...

"Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked."
~Oliver W. Holmes

No comments: