Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Data Transfer

The beach house is in the middle of transferring data from one PC to another. Still building the newer unit that will receive the data so it'll probably be tomorrow or the next day before it's completed. Unloading all the files from my laptop so I can do a format and re-install. There is a problem with rendering while in game mode and Toshiba asked me to try this before sending it back (it's under warranty thank goodness). So I got to thinking about how difficult this process can be and the huge amount of time consumed. Found a great link about such a procedure. Head over to Kim Komando's site and take a look at Easily transfer data to a new computer. Of course I'll return the needed data to the laptop when the operating system re-installation is completed. She's triple barrel sharp and I highly recommend her site.

Hope this helps.

"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius."
~George Bernard Shaw

No comments: