Ramblings, opinions, and general meanderings from the Deep South

Saturday, August 07, 2010

P or Not?

Received this through email and felt like passing it along to concerned citizens. There certainly doesn't seem to be any problems with adopting this policy when discussed at the beach house.

Some things make sense. This is one of them. No doubt the bunch of liberals in our current administration will find it some type of violation of civil rights. Was Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" campaign wrong? I am SURE each office has a nice facility (usually called a 'restroom', lol) where this could be done. Shut ins? Let the government give them a free ride once a month. We'd still save millions!

What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Use the comments at the bottom of this post or email me. If paranoid with a warp factor attitude just make your comment anonymous:

I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes

my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am

required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no [problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who

don't have to pass a urine test. So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to

pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it

for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back

on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone

sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work. Can you imagine how much

money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public

assistance check? We could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!


Here's a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!


Thanks G-man for a very good email!

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
~Barry Goldwater

1 comment:

David Gunter said...

I sa this awhile back. I have to say I think it's a really good idea!